Saturday, July 3, 2010

Dawn's Introduction and Focus

Hello Fellow Bloggers!

I see all of you are ready to blog! My name is Dawn Wilson and I am currently in the English Master's program at Wright State University, where I am also employed to teach English 101 and 102 composition classes. I have also been accepted into the Reading Endorsement program at WSU through the College of Education, and am taking my first two classes this summer towards this certification. I hold a Bachelor of Science in Elementary Education from Ohio University. I have also studied special education at OU and music theory at Wilmington College. In the past, I taught middle school in inner-city Dayton and 2nd grade at a local parochial school. However, from 1995 until 2009, I remained out of the classroom to raise my two children Nicholas who is now 26 and Hannah who recently turned sweet 16.
I spent nearly 24 years as the owner and artistic director of the Centre for Dance in Wilmington, West Union and Springboro, Ohio, and in Maysville, Ky.

I enjoy teaching college level classes, and there were aspects of middle school teaching that I liked as well. However, second grade was my favorite so I have decided to focus more on the primary grades in developing my lesson plans for the Author as Mentor's blog posts. I spent three hours at the library on Friday and am excited about my choices of books for this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment